Tasks of Steam Boiler Operators
Tasks of steam boiler operators respond to emergencies. Today, there are Steam Boiler Operators among 81 professions, documents issued by the Professional Competence Authority. It can be obtained from the relevant departments of the Ministry of National Education. Boiler operator certificate issued by the Chamber of Mechanical Engineers.
According to the draft standard published by the Vocational Qualifications Authority, Kazan Operator Training Should Have Competencies.
Tasks of Steam Boiler Operators;
Doing in the boiler working environment
- By learning the steam demand and pressure value from the facility, it adjusts the boiler set values from the pressure control device.
- It ensures that the working pressure setting is not more than the maximum working pressure required on the manufacturer’s label of the boiler and sets the appropriate pressure automatic for this.
Making checks for boiler safety before work
- By opening and closing the drain valves below the indicator, it detects that the indicator is in working condition and checks the boiler under water from the indicators.
- It opens the boiler drain valve required to maintain the normal conditions of the boiler water level.
- The setting value of the alarm pressure switch checks if the boiler does not exceed the maximum operating pressure.
- It checks that the flue flaps are open and the flue passage is completely free.
- It checks whether the boiler feedwater tank is full and that the conditioned (treated) water connection to the tank is open and operational.
- It controls that the valves of the boiler feed water pumps and the necessary degasser pumps are open and that all the valves on the line flooding the boiler are open.
- It includes the burner, heater or burner switch off (not working) in the electrical panel.
- The system controls the system circuits by using energy, observing digital indicators and warning signs.
Adjusting burner settings and calculations
- For liquid or gas fueled systems according to the fuel type, the control controls the fuel line is open and the fuel reaches the burner under suitable conditions.
- For solid fuel systems, it allows the fuel bunker or grate to be filled with the appropriate fuel.
Igniting the burner
- It opens the zoom (burner) switch on the main control panel of the boiler or the control panel of the burner.
- Observes the occurrence of pre-sweeping and ignition from a safe area, paying attention not to inspect and use the boiler lids under initial ignition and combustion.
- In solid fuel systems, primary air drives secondary air and chimney suction fan.
Increasing the boiler pressure
- By following the smooth and steady combustion, it observes the rise in the manometers and temperature indicators. When the pressure tries to rise, it discharges from the manometer valves and tests the manometers.
- When the boiler reaches the pressure setting value, the control control renews the required hysteresis setting and the working pressure setting of the pressure automatic.
- The closed distribution valves on the steam collector open slowly and in a controlled manner by standing next to them and begin to evaporate into the facility.
To ensure the normal and continuous operation of the boiler
- It automatically receives, changes for water level indication and water level control device, automatically follows that you have received proper and sufficient water.
- It checks the amount of fuel consumption of the burner or burner from the meter or level indicators and checks possible installation leaks in case of excessive consumption.
- It checks that the condensate line is recycled under suitable conditions and ensures that the boiler is fully functional under water supply.
Doing boiler bluffing
- Boiler bottom blowdown is done at appropriate intervals.
- It controls the realization of automatic operation in boilers with automatic bottom blowdown system.
- Performs boiler surface blowdown, observes in automatic systems.
- Opening and closing the boiler
- When the steam requirement ends, the plant shuts down for the burner (burner).
- It provides security by closing the valves in the fuel delivery lines.
- During daily or short-term stops, the main control panel does not cut the electricity and the security systems work.
- If the boiler needs to be emptied during long stops, it provides this process under suitable conditions.
- Presses for emergency ’emergency shutdown’ such as low water level, high temperature, high pressure or low temperature.
- When making sure that the burner and pumps are not working, it closes the fuel inlet valve and water inlet valve.
- If it uses a solid fuel system, it will completely extinguish the flame and take the unburned fuel out of the furnace.
- In boilers that are dehydrated and heated without water, it opens the pipe cleaning covers and accelerates the cooling of the boiler.
- Emergency stop does not work, it does not start the boiler again without the supervision of an authorized person or institution.
- To make cleaning and maintenance related to the active boiler
- It cleans the outer surface of the boiler and equipment.
- Boiler daily maintenance records
- Cleaning and maintenance of inactive boilers
- It cleans the boiler filters and the filters in the installation.
- If there is a leak or leakage in flanged connections, it changes the gaskets and tightens the loosened bolts, nuts and threaded connection with suitable wrenches.
- It ensures that periodic controls and maintenance are carried out as described in the boiler control charts to be made in international standards.